Monday, July 27, 2009

Knock-A-Noggin and Bye Bye Passy!

A big evening at our house--good and bad. While I was cleaning up after dinner, Addison proceeded down the hall following her daddy as she often does. But rather than going into our bedroom with Wayne, she decided to try climbing the stairs up to her room but neither of us realized it. That was until we heard the "thud" and the crying. Addison was face down on the hardwood at the bottom of the stairs. I don't think she was very high on the stairs, but she has a bruise on her forehead. Thankfully it didn't look too bad and she didn't bust her nose or teeth, but we felt awful! Off to Lowe's tomorrow to purchase that gate to go at the bottom of the stairs.

And I also decided that it is time to get rid of Addison's pacifier before I go back to work. The only time she gets it at home is when she is going to sleep or in bed to sleep. So we managed to get her to sleep this evening without her "passy" and so far so good. Say a prayer that my "Little Bear" sleeps through the night without her pacifier. Another big step for my big girl! I can't believe she is growing up so quickly.

Tuesday Morning Update---Addison did pretty well for her first night without her pacifier. She woke up at 10:30 and needed a little help getting back to sleep but slept the rest of the night in her bed. I heard her fussing a few times during the night, but she would always settle herself back down before I had to get up. What a big girl!
Her head doesn't look as bad as I was afraid it would. She's got a little bruise on her forehead above her right eye, but it should fade in the next couple of days. Now time for a shower and our trip to Lowe's to get the gate for the stairs.

0 comments: