Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies out there! It has been a great one for me. When I woke up this morning, I found a card and present from my baby. The card said how much he/she already loves me and the present was a picture frame with "Little Blessing" etched on it to hold baby's first picture. We spent the day with family celebrating the wonderful women in our family. It was a great time. Thanks Aunt Jo for having us! Lunch was wonderful. Then we met Wayne's mom and dad for dinner. It has been a wonderful day!
The countdowns are on--Just 2 days until we know if this little one is a girl or boy. Just 10 days of school left. And just 3 weeks until vacation!!! And only 144 days until my due date. Yeah!!! I'm so excited for Wayne to see our little one on the ultrasound on Tuesday. He loves to poke me in the stomach to make the baby start moving around. Just wait until he can actually see it. I'm excited to see if we should be preparing for a boy or girl, but even more excited to see that everything is going well with our little one. Thanks to all of you for your prayers for a safe pregnancy and healthy baby. I'll try to post our news on Tuesday!
I have a prayer request to share--A friend at work delivered her 4th baby on Tuesday and the birth was pretty traumatic. A few hours after birth Daniel stopped breathing for about 2 minutes and has been at UAB in the NICU in cold therapy since Wednesday. The therapy should help to minimize/eliminate any neurological damage that was done as a result of the lack of oxygen. Please pray for baby Daniel and his family!
Love to all,
Rebecca

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear if baby is a "he" or a "she". You know what my vote is ; ) We'll be praying for ya'll tomorrow afternoon!

Ashley