Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lazy at the Lake

To celebrate the end of school and the long holiday weekend, we came down to the lake last night. I spent the day by the water with 12 other family members. No place I'd rather be!!! We will have at least 7 more join us tomorrow to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday. To some people spending a long weekend with 20 family members may not sound great, but I love family time. We will have my parents, grandparents, brother, sister-in-law, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and close family friends all here to celebrate. Needless to say, it won't be a quiet weekend at the lake but it will be memorable. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

On the baby front--Our little girl continues to be active day and night. I'm feeling great and excited to finally have the time to plan a nursery. I bought our first girl outfit while having a girl's night out with my best friend Heather last Friday. I wanted to be the first one to buy something for her and I knew I had to hurry! Since this little girl is the first on both sides of our family, I know she will be spoiled. My Aunt Linda was sharing all the cute outfits she had already purchased and I know she isn't the only one who has been shopping. :-) We received our first baby gifts this week. To thank me for a good year, the Director of Instructional Support for Hoover gave me a precious, tiny pink sweater and 2 sets of pink and white booties that look so tiny along with several burping pads. My OT at work, Julie, also gave me a beautiful white daygown with an embroidered cross and the verse Joshua 1:9 below the cross. It will be perfect for the baby dedication. It's exciting to think our little one will be wearing all these cute things in less than 5 months! I'm officially 21 weeks pregnant--past half way!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend!
Rebecca

0 comments: