Friday, May 30, 2008

Celebrating Summer

I'm so thankful summer has finally arrived. I've stayed busy this week getting ready for our cruise as well as spending some time thinking/looking at baby stuff. Last weekend at the lake was wonderful and I'm looking forward to many more weekends there this summer. I wore my maternity swimsuits for the first time last weekend and they were actually kind of cute--at least my "baby bump" is cute! Of course I don't have any pictures of me in the swimsuits, but here are some highlights of the weekend.


Josh and Apoo (my dad) take a spin on the waverunner. Watch out--Josh is driving!

Will, my oldest nephew, finally got up on skis. He has tried the past 2 summers on trainer skis and hasn't been successful. He was using the skis that Wayne and I ski on when he got up and he just didn't stop. He got so confident that he was crossing the wake and even tried to drop a ski to slolom one time. Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures of him getting up on the skis because I have banned myself from our ski boat for the summer. The ride can be pretty bumpy. Better safe than sorry!


About 25 family members came to the lake on Sunday to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday. She is the one on the right sitting with 2 of her sisters. You would never guess she is 80!
On the baby front, I'm 22 weeks pregnant now. Hard to believe!!! My little girl is very active these days. When she moves, it has gone from a fluttering sensation in my belly to a more definite movement. I can tell she is getting bigger and stronger. I'm excited about planning her nursery when we return from vacation. I've decided to use the furniture I had growing up which is precious. It looks like doll house furniture and will be so cute for a nursery. It was actually the furniture I had until I got married! I'll have to post pictures of it soon. The pieces vary in color from a neutral color to a deep green and yellow. So, decorating will be a little bit of a challenge. I'm thinking maybe a green and cream toile for the bedding. Green's my favorite color. I going to look for a cream colored crib, so I think the green will be a good contrast. We will have to order the crib soon after our return from vacation, because they usually take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I've bought a few cute outfits for her and I find myself in the baby section of every store I go in. It's so much fun shopping for a girl after shopping for 4 boys (my nephews) for the past 9 years. What a fun summer it's going to be!
Rebecca





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Amanda's blog! It looks like you've started your summer off the right way! Good luck with baby shopping for your little lady!