Thursday, June 12, 2008

What a Week!!!

Our ship, the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Sea, docked in Labadee, Haiti.
Standing on the east coast of Cozumel at El Mirador.
Wayne climbing Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, Jamaica while his jealous wife took pictures. I have always wanted to do this, but it was too dangerous to try while I was pregnant. Wayne has promised we will go back and do it again.
Lazy in Labadee--Wish I was still there!!!

We have been back from our cruise since Sunday evening and I'm still trying to get used to the "real life". We lived in the lap of luxury for 7 days and nights and enjoyed every minute of it. It was so nice not having to cook, clean, or even make the bed. We had lots of time to relax and enjoy as well as time to talk about our little girl and all we need to do this summer to get ready for her arrival. We visited 4 ports of call--Labadee, Haiti-- a private peninsula for Royal Caribbean guests; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico. All the ports were new to us except Cozumel. We also had 2 full days at sea to enjoy the ship. It was a huge ship with a 3 level dining room, 2 story theater, a rock climbing wall which Wayne climbed, 3 pools, a 9 hole putt-putt course, an ice skating rink, an inline skate park, and a full size basketball court. Needless to say, we didn't get bored. We are already looking forward to the next cruise--number 5. :-)



I had an OB appointment on Monday. The baby and I are doing well. I'm starting to have a little swelling in my feet, especially on long, hot days. I gained more weight this month than any previous month, but am still doing okay in that area. I don't think going to the doctor the day after we got back from the cruise was the best thing as far as weighing in goes. We ate and ate and ate for a week!!! Mom and I have spent a couple days this week looking for a crib for the baby and I've been searching the web for bedding because I can't find what I want around here. I think I am leaning towards a cream and sage (green) toile fabric right now. Yesterday mom and I found a little shop in Trussville that had a crib that I really like. I want Wayne to see it before we make a final decision. I'm feeling a little rushed to get it ordered since it takes 4-6 weeks to arrive. I'd like to have most of the nursery finished before I go back to school which is only 7 weeks away!!!



Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer!

Rebecca

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cruise sounds like a blast! I can't believe that you mentioned school starting back on your vacation post!! Say it ain't so!