Monday, June 16, 2008

She has a name!

Wayne and I have finally decided on a name for our little girl. We actually have been talking about this name since shortly after I found out I was expecting. We have talked about many boy and girl names, but nothing stayed with us except for this one. We both like family names, so if it was a boy it would have had the name Wayne as a middle name. My dad's mother has a great middle name--Elizabeth--but my cousin already beat me to that one.

So, our little girl will be named Addison Jane. This name is actually from 2 of our grandmothers. Wayne's grandmother was Addie Mae and my mom's mom was Rita Jane. These were two of the most gentle, loving women I have ever know. They had very sweet spirits and were truly Godly women. I pray that our little one is very much like these wonderful women. I plan on calling her Addison, but know that it will probably shortened to Addie at times. Actually my brother and his two boys have already come up with a few nicknames--Addie, Addie J, and AJ.

It's hard to believe Addison is schedule to arrive in less than 16 weeks. My plan for this week is to get the room that will be her nursery cleaned out so her daddy can get it painted. Right now it is horrid--blobs of paint in a random pattern in an ugly bluish-green color. It was the previous owner's idea of a cute nursery for her little boy. It is the only room in the house we have not painted because I didn't want to have to paint it twice. I picked out this room for the nursery before we moved in. I'm just so happy we are finally getting to decorate it as a nursery. I will post "before" pictures soon.
Rebecca

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the name!!!