Friday, June 20, 2008

The "Before" Pictures

This room will soon be filled with a crib and other fun baby stuff for Addison. This is a dormer window area in Addison's nursery. Wayne plans to build a toy box to go in this area.
A close-up of the lovely greenish-blue sponge painting that is currently on the walls in Addison's nursery.


So here are some lovely "before" pictures of the room that will soon transform into Addison's nursery. It has been a guest room since we have moved in and currently houses the furniture that was Wayne's furniture growing up plus a few extra pieces. The chair if from his grandmother's (Addison's namesake) house. It will remain in the nursery along with the bookcase, but everything else must go. As you can see, the room has a cute dormer window area and another window, so lots of natural light. Wayne plans to build a toy box into the dormer area and decorate it with her name. I can't wait to get the walls painted and get rid of the terrible sponge painting. I've cleaned out the closet and all the drawers in the room and plan to finish relocating all the stuff today. It's fun to see the transformation begin.


Several people have told me about the "nesting" feeling I'd probably experience. I think it is hitting Addison's dad more that it is me right now. In the last week, he has decided we need to add an attic fan to help ventilate the upstairs to make sure she doesn't get too warm. And we need to replace the carpet and hardwoods in the main living areas. It's something that has needed to be done since we moved in almost 4 years ago, but now it has become a priority. I've already had one carpet guy here this morning and have 2 more coming this afternoon. It will be nice to have everything in top shape before Addison arrives.


Well it finally happened this week. I've had 2 stranges ask when the baby was due. I have been waiting for this to happen and it finally did now that I am at 25 weeks. I guess I'm finally looking more pregnant than fat. :-) And I am loving being pregnant. I'm feeling good and enjoying this new adventure in life! Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

Rebecca

2 comments:

Kelly Underwood said...

This is the first time I have seen your blog. I love the name. Addison will be here before you know it. The time will fly by. I can't believe school starts back so soon. I was trying not to count the weeks.

Anonymous said...

I love that name! So sweet. Can't wait to meet baby Addison!