Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Who Knew???

This is the bedding we will use in Addison's room. It finally came in on Thursday. It's a sage and cream toile pattern with some sage and cream gingham as accents as well as cream colored chenille on the back of the quilt and on the bumpers.
This is Addison's crib. I ordered it a week ago and hope to have it here in 5 weeks or less. It looks white in this picture, but it is actually antique white. Hopefully it will go well with the other furniture.


Who knew that registering for baby gear could be so overwhelming? Wayne and I went after work today and registered at Babies R Us. I've been in that store twice since I've been pregnant and both times I left there feeling very overwhelmed. Who knew there were so many things out there for babies? Of course this "Type A" personality didn't just wander in and register for the cute things she wanted. I have read 2 books about baby products--"The Consumer's Report Guide Book to Babies" and "Baby Bargains". I thought the Consumer's Report book was great until I read Baby Bargains. Thanks Cori for the tip. Not only does it rank items based on safety, user-friendliness, etc but it also takes into account feedback from parents who actually use the stuff. Who knew two infant carseats made by the same company could vary so much? One version passed every crash test and the other one failed every crash test. And the one that failed was call the "Safe Seat". Yikes! So hopefully we have registered for the safest, most useful items we will need. Of course I'm sure I will adjust the registry some. I just looked at it online and it really doesn't look like that many items. So why did it take us 2 1/2 hours to register??? Wayne was a trooper and seemed to actually enjoy it. Of course he was in charge of the scan gun. :-) I was surprised to see that there was only one other couple there registering together. There were lots of women by themselves or with their friends, sisters, or moms. I'm thankful that Wayne actually wanted to go register with me. He's going to be a great daddy! You can check out the registry at babiesrus.com.

Addison continues to be very active. However, she is already playing games with her daddy. Often when I lay down and she starts moving around, I'll call Wayne in to see/feel her moving. As soon as he gets close or puts his hand on my stomach, she stops moving. It's so funny (at least to me)!!! It's been going on for a couple of weeks now. I almost woke him up about 1:00 this morning because she was doing some nighttime acrobats. When I told him about it this morning, he said he wished I would have woken him up which really suprised me. He's anxious to see it himself.


It's been a busy week. I think Wayne and I have decided our care-free days of "vegging out" in front of the TV in the evening are already over. We spent most of last week getting ready to have new carpet laid and then spent the weekend putting everything back in its place. We are expecting the new hardwoods to be laid on Thursday. Thankfully there isn't much furniture to move for that part. Our air conditioner also died last week. One of Wayne's uncles is a heating and air man so he came up as soon as he heard we were without air. Thanks Uncle Red! Unfortunately several parts were dead, so we had a repairman out on Friday and thankfully he fixed it. Being pregnant in the summer hasn't been too bad until we slept an evening without air. I didn't even care that I was sleeping in a spaghetti-strap nightie with my preggie belly sticking out with the windows of our bedroom wide open. And of course our bedroom is on the front of the house so I had a good view of the people driving by and I'm sure they had an interesting view too. But I would do anything to stay cool! :-)
Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!!!
Rebecca

0 comments: