Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Boys Oh Boys!!!

Wayne and I had the pleasure of keeping our two oldest nephews, Will (age 9) and Josh (age 7) from Sunday morning to Tuesday evening. It was a wonderful time we enjoyed so much. I was definitely out-numbered 3 to 1 since my husband turns into a little boy when the others are around. It was wonderful to see them together. Sunday afternoon we played board games for about 4 hours and of course there was plenty of Play Station time too. On Monday evening after dinner, the boys played hide n seek while I sat in the swing and watched. It was quite entertaining. Will wins for the most creative hiding places--under Wayne's truck and inside the trash can which happened to be the base for the game. I enjoyed getting to "play mom" for those 3 days--cooking dinner, fixing "boo-boos" (scrapped up ankles are part of hide n seek), tucking them in at night. And it was great to see Wayne interacting with the boys and doing his part to take care of them. I got a sneak peek of things to come when I had to get the boys to mom's by about 6:45 Tuesday morning so I could go to school for registration. Fortunately, I was able to wake them up, hand them their clothes, and let them get ready on their own. That won't happen with Addison. :-) My morning routine will definitely take longer once she arrives, but I am definitely looking forward to it. I treasure the time I get to spend with "my boys", but have to admit in years past it has been hard to see them go after they spend a few days with us. Many tears have been shed after dropping the boys off with their mom and dad. But this year is definitely different. I'll admit I have missed them today, but know that I will get to "play mommy" for real in just 12 short weeks.

On the baby front--Wayne has gotten the ceiling of the nursery painted and has done all the prep work for painting. He took the last few days off from the nursery so he could spend time with the boys. The crib should be on a truck now on the way to the store, so hopefully we will have it within a week. I went to the doctor for a check-up last Wednesday and everything looks good. I had my glucose tolerance screening and failed it. So, I went back today for the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. For those of you not familiar with this test, I had to fast starting at midnight and continued until my appointment. When I got there, the nurse tested my blood sugar and it was good. Then I had to drink an 8 ounce bottle of an orange flavored drink that was pure sugar. Then the waiting started. Every hour for 3 hours, I had my finger pricked to check my blood sugar. My first stick was borderline, but within the normal limits. The second time, my sugar was too high. By the third stick, it was back to normal. So, officially I passed, but I was encouraged to watch my sugar/carbohydrate intake and continue to exercise. After not having anything to eat for over 12 hours, I had a doozy of a headache when I left. Then after I ate, I felt really nauseous. So, I took Wayne's advice and took it easy the rest of the day. I'm still feeling a little "icky", but hope that will ease up with some time soon. I go back to the doctor on July 30th for another checkup and for my 4-D ultrasound.

0 comments: