Thursday, July 31, 2008

Peek-A-Boo!

This is the best picture from the ultrasound. It was the very first one that was taken and before she started playing peek-a-boo. You can see her arm beside her head and she was sucking on her lip--kind of like her cousin Will.
Throughout the ultrasound, which lasted about 20 minutes, Addison kept her hand over at least part of her face. It was like she was playing peek-a-boo.
This pictures looks like she is smiling at us while playing peek-a-boo. The nurse commented on her "full checks"--she definitely gets those from mommy.
I think she gets the big feet from her daddy. She had her foot up over her hand which was over her face at one point during the ultrasound.

These pictures are from the 4-d ultrasound which we had yesterday morning. It was a wonderful experience although Addison was a little camera shy. She started with one hand up on her forehead and the more the technician poked and moved her, the farther down that hand came. Eventually she covered her whole face with her tiny hand and foot. It was quite entertaining to watch. Even though we didn't get the best pictures, it was amazing to see her little face, hands, and feet and you could even see the 4 chambers of her heart beating away. I can't wait to cover every inch of her in kisses. It was also nice to find out how she is positioned. She is head down down with her face turned towards my left hip bone. Her bottom is under the right side of my ribs and her feet are kicking the left side of my ribs. Kicking the ribs is new this week. Everything looks good although this ultrasound is more for fun than for diagnostic purposes. The technician assured us that she didn't see anything to cause concern. I saw my doctor after the ultrasound and got a good report. Addison is measuring just right. Now I will start going to the doctor every two weeks until week 36. Up until now I have gone every four weeks. Hard to believe her due date is 9 weeks away.

The nursery has been completely painted and now we are in the process of cleaning the carpet. I cleaned it once last night and again this morning. I'll probably do it one more time before we bring the furniture in. We are going to the lake this weekend to get two pieces of her furniture. I'm hoping the crib will be in today or tomorrow, but I haven't heard anything yet. I'll post pictures soon.
Rebecca

0 comments: