Sunday, October 19, 2008

Daddy's Best Medicine

Napping buddies! This has been a very common sight this week as daddy recovered from surgery.

Wayne had outpatient surgery on Tuesday. We were at the hospital from 6:30am to about 4:00pm. That is the longest I have ever been away from my sweet baby. Wayne's dad was at the hospital with me and his mother stayed with Addison at our house. Thank goodness for family. By the time I got Wayne's medicine and got him settled, it was 5:30 before I got my hands on Addison. All I wanted to do was hold her. But due to a complication we ended up in the ER Tuesday night for a couple of hours. My dad met us at the hospital and took Addison to their house since they live close to the hospital. By the time we left the hospital I was a mess from lack of sleep and not seeing and holding my sweet baby much all day. But since we didn't know what the rest of the night would hold and because I was absolutely exhausted, I agreed to allow Addison to spend her first night away from us. I cried the whole way home and continued to cry until I finally fell asleep holding her blanket. Thankfully we got a pretty good night sleep and mom brought Addison back to our house by 8:30 Wednesday morning. Needless to say--all I did all day was take care of my two babies. This picture has been a common sight--Wayne sleeping with his little girl. Wayne is doing better, but still in a good bit of pain when he moves around much. He is very thankful for his pain medicine. I'm very thankful for all the help from my mom, my in-laws, and my sister-in-law. They have been wonderful to feed us and come help out when needed. I don't know what I would have done without them.

0 comments: