Sunday, January 18, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things


Our big girl in her high chair.

We have had a restful day at home and the house is finally quiet. Wayne and Addison are in bed sleeping and I am spending some "me" time catching up on the computer. We've had a wonderful day just spending time together. We've had play time, nap time, cuddle time, and a short walk through the neighborhood. We couldn't stay inside on such a beautiful day even though it was a little cool. Addison looked so cute bundled up in her pink coat and hat sitting up so big in her stroller.

Today I've had a lot of time to think of how very much our lives have changed in the past four months and how thankful I am for these changes. I use to enjoy going out for dinner and a movie. What a treat. Now there is nothing I'd rather do than stay at home and play with our little Addison. Here are a few of my new favorite things:

*Hearing Addison laugh. She used to only laugh when you tickled her, but this week she started laughing at things we do or say.

*Watching Addison splash in her bathtub. She loves it. Her nickname in the bathtub is "wild thing".

*The sweet smell of a clean baby right after her bath.

*Having Addison smile when I walk into the room. It warms my heart to know she recognizes her mommy (and daddy too).

*Cuddling in bed with Addison early in the morning.

*Listening and watching Addison "talk" herself to sleep on the monitor.

*Watching Addison actually play with her toys. She is growing so quickly.


We will be returning to the pediatrician tomorrow for Addison's 4 month checkup. I had to reschedule it from last week since she has been so sick. I am so happy to report that she is much better. She has only coughed once today. Now she has some type of rash on her face. Last night I thought it might be the beginning of chickenpox since it was possible she was exposed to it over Christmas, but now I'm pretty sure it's not that. I'll try to update tomorrow to let you know how her appointment goes. She has to get 4 more shots! :-( I'm anxious to see how much she has grown. Hopefully she isn't still in the 10th percentile for growth.

0 comments: