Friday, January 9, 2009

Three month pictures and illness update

Little girl in a big chair.

Her little outfit says "Angel". A great description of our sweet girl.

This is Addison in her Denver Broncos onesie sitting on our couch. Apoo (my dad) bought this for her (even before she was born I think) on one of his business trips to Denver. He bought something for my nephews and didn't want to leave "his girl" out.


These are Addison's three month pictures in her special chair. She is in one of her Christmas outfits because they were taken just before we went to our first Christmas celebration of the year. Hard to believe she will be 4 months old on Monday. My how the time has flown.

Addison has been a very sick little girl this week. The doctor was right in his prediction on Monday that she would probably get worse before she got better. She had a pretty good night Monday only waking a few times coughing. On Tuesday she woke around 6 and ate a little. Then we went back to bed and she woke up fussing around 8 as if she was hungry again. I tried to feed her and she just couldn't seem to breath and eat at the same time. Then I tried to give her a bottle and she had the same issues. She got very upset and cried for about an hour. I laid her down to try to quiet her by changing her diaper and noticed that her whole body moving when she breathed because she was having to work so hard to just breath. So, I immediately called the doctor and headed that way. It was pouring down rain and I was trying to keep a hand on her chest in her carseat behind me to make sure she was breathing. After I saw 3 cars spin out in front of me on the interstate and hydroplaned myself, I decided I better drive with 2 hands! Once we got to the doctor's office, her oxygen satuation was down to 92-93 and her respirations were around 60. The doctor said her lungs were not only wheezing, but they were crackling now. He gave her another breathing treatment which seemed to help her breath a little easier. He said she was borderline of having to be hospitalized and if her oxygen satuation was not better on Wednesday he would have to admit her. He sent us home with a prescription for an inhaler and an appointment for Wednesday. Thankfully on Wednesday her oxygen satuation was back up to around 95 although he still heard wheezing and crackling in her lungs. He really wanted it at 98, but he was satisfied with her improvement. She is still coughing a good bit and we are continuing with the inhaler every 4 hours which she hates, but she is much more herself and eating much better. The doctor said her cough could possibly hang around for several more weeks. Thankfully she coughs more during the day than at night, so she sleeps pretty well. However, I've had her Pack n Play pulled up right next to my bed to make it easier for me to check on her without getting up. I didn't even do that when she first came home from the hospital. Last night I woke up in a panic because I couldn't hear her breathing. Thankfully she was still breathing, just not wheezing anymore so it was quiet breathing.
We are planning a quiet weekend at home to relax and hopefully catch up on some sleep. I'm glad this first illness is close to behind us. Thank you all for your prayers for little Addison and to my mom who met me at the doctor's office twice so I wouldn't be alone, had Addison's prescription filled and delivered it to us, brought me lunch, and has kept Addison even though she was sick so I could return to work. It was nice to know she was in good hands when I couldn't be with her.

0 comments: